Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cherry Blossoms and Bike Rides

I won't even begin to go into all the reasons (or excuses) for not posting in FOREVER, but let's just say I have been very busy, distracted, forgetful, etc. etc.
Anyways it has been incredible weather the past few days here that all I have wanted to do is spend time outside. Due to the massive snowstorm that happened this winter I think the entire city is antsy to spend as much time outside as possible. After staying up way too late chatting with sister #2, aka Worm, this morning was inevitably off to a slow start...11:30 am slow start. I finally dragged myself out of bed dreaming of warms oats drizzled with peanut buttah. But due in part to my laziness and starvation I settled for quick oats, and by quick I mean instant. I tried out a new Nature's Path flavor, Maple Nut, from Whole Foods and I am really liking it. Then I set off for a bike ride which turned out to be amazing until I turned around and had to head directly into a wall of wind. I am not talking a slight breeze but gale force winds. Anyways ten miles later I hopped of the bike barely able to walk and decided that a one mile run would save me from not being able to walk tomorrow by stretching out my legs. Mission accomplished. I ran home threw together a quick lunch, a salad with beets, artichokes, tofu, pine nuts, and Annie's Honey Mustard dressing. After that I ran to do some errands and am now sitting with frozen peas on my legs contemplating what I can have for dinner....I am praying to think of something instant for this meal too. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Cherry Blossoms?!! Are you in the DC area??? :-)

    ReplyDelete